BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Tuesday 11 December 2012

"Christian": What it means to me!


2 Peter 1:5-9

Amplified Bible (AMP)
For this very reason, [a]adding your diligence [to the divine promises], employ every effort in [b]exercising your faith to develop virtue (excellence, resolution, Christian energy), and in [exercising] virtue [develop] knowledge (intelligence),
I am not as diligent as I used to be but that glimpse of diligence shows up from time to time. I want to bear rule, it is my desire to reign and to rule on this earth so diligence is it. I exercise my faith when my back is "to the wall". I am sure Jesus would love me to exercise my faith everyday. Have I developed intelligence? I don't think so, that is just a gift from God because of my idiosyncrasies i guess, I love to read so I am always getting new information whether I want to or not.
And in [exercising] knowledge [develop] self-control, and in [exercising] self-control [develop] steadfastness (patience, endurance), and in [exercising] steadfastness [develop] godliness (piety),
Yeah, I have self control, I have had more than enough reason to lose my self-control and I held on to it with all that I had in me, because of God's scheme of things; whatever that may mean. I do have patience and endurance; I had to develop it, i honestly had no choice, if I did; i probably would have remained a spoilt brat but God took me by the hand on this walk and I went with Him kicking and screaming (Wide smile, submission is not easy o, even to God) at first but now I am willing to go the distance, what is the use of living a stupid life, with no purpose? Yeah, you got it!
And in [exercising] godliness [develop] brotherly affection, and in [exercising] brotherly affection [develop] Christian love.
Holiness, that is a gift from God to me, if my mind had a choice, it would probably run wild but I have it on a leash. Brotherly affection, I am on and off. Christian love, let me put it like this, I am willing to love, even though half the time, I want to kick their butts and tell them, I am sure I am better at this than you but I know that but for His grace, I would be only what a lunatic can imagine, God has got my back o!
For as these qualities are yours and increasingly abound in you, they will keep [you] from being idle or unfruitful unto the [[c]full personal] knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ (the Messiah, the Anointed One).
The qualities are mine, are they abounding, only the Holy Ghost knows that. I want to let loose almost all the time and do whatever the heck I feel like. Am I idle and unfruitful? Sometimes, when I don't think it is all worth it, there is so much in me to birth and I just pray that the Holy Ghost helps me and keeps me strong to accomplish His purpose for me.
For whoever lacks these qualities is blind, [[d]spiritually] shortsighted, [e]seeing only what is near to him, and has become oblivious [to the fact] that he was cleansed from his old sins.
My old man is dead. I need to remind myself all the time that the old man is dead, no matter how I feel or act sometimes, I know that man is dead and it is the new man that is operating in me. 
That's it!
Yay, it is Christmas, I am excited when I think I can travel and go visit my sister, her husband and her son (He's more my nephew sha). He says hello now. I am so excited just to hear Him speak. If I don't travel this Christmas, God knows I will just be buying unending credit....
No pixes....................

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I loved the context in which you used this biblical verse as a yardstick. Nice one.

Tessa said...

Thanks dear. It is a way for me to meditate on the word. Going to yours!