BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Thursday 18 April 2013

nano #6

Dancing in white...
white tube dress
white silk tights and
balle shoes
I am dancing around
and around the room
to the cheers of my onlookers
I am six years old

Dancing in white
a white body hug
and tight denim trousers
navy blue sneakers
I am dancing around and around
to a spice girls song
the title escapes me barely
I am 14 years old

Dancing in white
a white dress
black tights and heels
I am dancing around and around
to a nigerian musician
Psquare or Sound Sultan
I am not quite sure
It is graduation day and I am 21 years old

Dancing in white
a fabulous elegant gown
and silver slippers
in the arms of my groom
to a sentimental songs
I cannot hear the words
but the air is magical
Dancing around and around
I am 26 years old

dancing in white
a chic Ralph Lauren suit
sensible heels
to a party song
I am surrounded by three tots
they patter and patter
two boys and a girl watched
by my long time groom
I am 36 years old

dancing in white
a beautiful white dress
flat shoes
to a song that is poignant
but indescribable
I am surrounded by family
Its my only daughters day
she's getting married and leaving home
I am in my fifties

dancing in white
more dances than I have ever though of
I don't like dancing
Or do I
Wearing comfy foot wear
and doing what I'm used to
"waving my hands like I don't care"
Hey yo
I am in my seventies

The young ones think I am too old to dance
I laugh and tell them
"We invented the concept of dancing"
You haven't seen nothing yet.

P.S.
I'm not quite sure what the future looks like but I know dancing will not go out of fashion!
Peace

No comments: