BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Thursday 30 May 2013

Still learning, still growing!

Whenever, though, they turn to face God as Moses did, God removes the veil and there they are –face to face! They suddenly recognize that God is a living, personal presence, not a piece of chiselled stone. And when God is personally present, a living Spirit, that old constricting legislation is recognized as obsolete. We’re free of it.
2 Corinthians 3:16-17 MSG Translation

God is a personal personal God, sometimes I forget and I am just doing my duty, robot-like. But when I remember that He is God, there is a peace that feels my heart that has no comparison. God is so personal that He looks beyond my church building and sees me, I matter; this is so amazing.

I could be braggadocious and say that I don’t care if He recognizes me or not but I really do. It is pretty important to me that God stops to ask me, “Child, what did I say?” not reprimanding but reminding, guiding, leading, He is God and yet He is a gentle leader.


At times, I get anxious and I try to join the rat race again (you know those things are subtle) and He says, “Child, that way is not My way, wrong direction, turn around!” not because He wants His rights at all cost but because He is leading me somewhere and only by following His way can I get to His destination for me!

I see some things and He says, “Child, no! Praise, I am working on it, remain at rest; don’t try to work things out yourself, let Me!”

Sometimes I just want to get out there and fix things cos I am a pretty good fixer, I have got a sharp brain but He says, “My purpose is better, My way is faster even if it doesn't look that way, it is stress-less, trust Me”

Then I see that my works, all of them; are proof that I don’t trust in my Father, so I stop. But when I rest in Him, confident and serving Him, He works things out to His glory, He is the author anyway; if I can trust Him to be author, then I can trust Him to be finisher.

All I need do, is what He says!

La di da



Why do I need so much convincing anyway? He made the whole earth, everything that was made was made by His word, He can make every area of my life, family, career, destiny, purpose beautiful!

No comments: