BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Friday 26 May 2017

Let wisdom be an ornament on your neck...

I love necklaces.
I have this silver necklace I never take off. I do everything without it. One of the knacks about me is that the moment I take it off, I may misplace it. So once I find jewellery I can wear consistently, I never change it.



So I want to talk about the value of wisdom. How you need wisdom in every area of life, including in your spiritual life. It is extracts from a favourite message. If you want to get the message, just email me at tessa.doghor@outlook.com and I will give you the message.

Part of my motto in 2017 is not casting pearls before swine, I need to qualify everyone before I give access. I am doing this not because I am nasty but to help someone specific and reduce gossip and criticism from naysayers. I do pray that only those with some level of faith visit this blog because until you have some faith, it will be difficult to get blessed. I am not going to STOP telling (preaching) about the kingdom of God though, I will just be wiser about the gift of God.

Proverbs 4:7
Wisdom is the most important thing; so get wisdom. If it costs everything you have, get understanding.
Treasure wisdom and it will make you great; hold on to it, and it will bring you honor.
It will be like flowers in your hair and like a beautiful crown upon your head

(My bible version) 

Proverb 3:21-23 says something similar.

The bible likens wisdom to putting on ornaments. 

The funny thing about the bible is that you think the scriptures that release power are just in the new testament. But as the years go by you learn that even the old testament scriptures are just as capable of producing power as the new testament scriptures.

Just make up your mind now that the power that comes from the bible is greater than any other power in writing or in application, i.e living.

If you have been born again, you probably have an experience in God and area in which you know God and you share or minister from that point of view but be certain that God is ministering to His children all over the world from where they are, to where He wants them to be.

My first understanding of wisdom comes from my eldest sister. One of the scriptures she consistently quoted was: "Wisdom is profitable to direct".

Funny enough, my first pastor was in the same class as ,my elder sister in high school and so their words echo in my head. Maybe it is that the people I respect when it comes to spiritual things speak so loudly that their words echo in my head or it is that the Holy Spirit brings these things to my remembrance, I am not certain but I hear some scriptures in my head and in my heart.

My sister was witness to a word I heard consistently for 6 weeks. I told her immediately because I trusted her. When it comes to spiritual things, I trust my family first with anything I have heard from the Lord and then my close friends. I tell my family and my close friends my dreams, some of them at least and many times in the last 10 years I have had some dreams of friends giving me instructions in dreams that produced wonderful things in my life when I practiced it in the spiritual.

How does wisdom come to man?
There is the wisdom that comes from reading God's word and it is to be prioritized and there is also the wisdom that is used for practical living, I believe that is the wisdom of God.

Let me explain what I mean by practical living. When I say practical living, I don't mean living like every other unbeliever on the earth, I mean living like the children of Israel, only a higher version. I mean living like a covenanted person, someone in whom God is actively involved in your life. I mean, living by phronesis. Phronesis means the wisdom of God.

Let me not get sidetracked. When I just got saved, I had terrible acne. Over the first 9 months of my being saved, the acne cleared from my face. Over the next 5 years, the acne cleared from the faces of all the members of my family and the younger ones who didn't have acne did not develop acne.

The series of events that yielded that deliverance from acne seemed natural. One of my pastors asked us to pray about the things that we wanted to change in our lives. Vain chic that I am, I prayed about my hair and my face. So a couple of weeks after the prayer one of my closest friends comes to me and says: "I bought Neo Medrol to use on my face but I found that it didn't work for me so I think you should use it".

She then seats and explains to me how to use it. I am only allowed to wash my face once in the morning and apply it on my face, then again in the night and apply it again. I was not allowed to wear cream or makeup. In college I didn't wear makeup so not wearing cream for a month would not be a huge sacrifice for me. I am a stickler for details so I did exactly as she said, reminding her that I hoped it worked even though I did not spend money on the treatment.

Long story short, I did not have even a single people for a whole year. For the next five years I did not get even a single pimple. My face got the chance to become smooth. I stopped using all antiseptic soap and that was how I started using bathing soap and found it easier to pay my tithes because I don't have one N800 soap to buy (at that time o, not now). Well that is how I discovered that I was pretty; story for another day.

I believe that was practical wisdom in action. Since the Holy Ghost knows the road to pass to give me information, He's using it just fine. My hair became fuller than it was then and I got strategies to make my hair that did not over emphasis the weak points.

So tell me, what are the ways in which you apply the wisdom in the word of God to your life? That it is bigger than what the world prescribes, that is phronesis?

Let's share.

If you are not saved and this is just like jargons to you, Visit this page and learn how to surrender your life to the leadership of the Holy Spirit and to the Lordship of Jesus Christ.

No comments: