BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Saturday 16 March 2019

On words and how to use them....


You are always speaking, even when there's no microphone in front of you.


A closed mouth is a closed destiny.


Ever heard that?

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

John 6:63

Jesus' words were spirit and life.

Our words are spirit.

Only when we do discipline and bridle our tongues do we determine if they are spirit and life.

The latest incident in Nigeria will show you exactly how Nigerian people speak. Don't take my word for it, go and see the comments on their Facebook pages, sad to say, at least 90% of the people were speaking death.

Genesis 2:7 tells us that man became a speaking spirit.

You can read this and like me years ago be wowed and yet not put it to practice. Or you can like me one day after I had been a religious Christian for many years without results, I decided to start taking God at His word.

You can take Him at His word and change your language to the language of the court.

"Children of God should speak the language of the court"

Have you seen Prince William and Prince Harry and Kate and Meghan representing the palace even when they are not in the palace?

Prince Charles in front, Prince William a step or two behind with Kate Middleton and Meghan Markle, and Prince Harry. Photo: Tim Rooke/Shutterstock
They are earthly royalty. Their words, dressing, conduct and everything they do in their daily life is to speak for the kingdom that they are from. Even when they are pregnant (Meghan Markle) their utmost thought is still for their kingdom. So when they travel to other countries and visit other nations, they come as representatives from their kingdom.

You come from a higher kingdom. Your kingdom uses the word of God as vocabulary. Dresses and conducts self as a representative of God's kingdom.

I fell off the horse so many times.

I passed the test of not using profanity (f**k s**t etc) because that was the culture of my earthly family so it was easy.

But many times I would find myself saying in my mind if not outside, internally I would be feeling like I was broke. 

I let the swag version of myself go and so till today I don't adapt the latest slangs in town, instead I stick to the word of God.

At first when people said rubbish, I just stayed silent. When I was tired of being silent, after they declared their reality I would tell them the truth. There were people in the same kingdom as I was in (I supposed) who told me, my own is too much. So as the years went by, when people declared their reality I declared my own. Let everyone pick their own.

After all everyone has a choice the way they chose to use their mouth.

Some of the current slangs I can't say:

"Money kee you there"
"I broke anyhow"
"Nigeria, where you dey go"
"A leopard does not change its spot"

Some of these slangs are a direct opposite of what the gospel is telling you. How can your angels understand you when you keep changing your position? Today you believe this, tomorrow circumstance forces you to shift positions.

These slangs are the language of the earth and by design they are enabling the enemy to attack you. 

By all means, remain on the earth and be in on what is happening but do not adopt the earth's culture. Push back against the earth's culture with what you believe.

Romans 12:2

Do not be conformed to this world...

What does it mean to conform?


Conform is the root word of conformity. Conformity means to match attitudes, beliefs and behaviors to group norms.

Do you still look like Christ? 

It is a good question to ask from time to time.


To fulfill God's purpose in your life, you are going to learn to talk the word of God. All our founding fathers of the faith say, that Christianity is the great profession.

When you become a Christian and you don't adjust to the kingdom of God, and its language, you will unable to receive the good things that God has for you. 

"It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, they are spirit, and they are life."

John 6:63

I am going to stop here.

One question though: How are you going to speak today?

Don't be a forgetful hearer and keep looking at the perfect law of liberty.

Don't conform to the world, keep renewing your mind to God's word.

No comments: