BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Friday 30 November 2012

What I have learnt today...

When you grow in the things of God the first evidence of your spiritual growth is the increase of the love nature of God in you. You walk in love, you can't hold people because of something they did to you or said to you. You can't walk in bitterness, you learn to over look those things. You don't number your enemies.

I am checking myself with it and I think I am good but nope my standards aren't good enough but because I am relating with so many people it is difficult to measure it at all. My strongest weakness: the desire for perfection still rears its ugly head from time to time. I choose humility instead and dodge the desire to prove to myself and others that I am perfect. I don't have to be. This is one of the things I have learnt from being in Christ. I am loved just as I am . So I am free to strive to become the best me; the one that God has created me to be.

I just started walking in love recently. In order to walk in love, I have to choose not to judge her or over-analyze their faults as much as it comes easily to me, for the sake of my peace of mind. I also have to decide to use the word of God for myself and not for pointing fingers at others. I also have to consciously decide that my spiritual life is more important me being the judge over others. I don't always succeed at this. I keep at it though because I choose success over failure. Since I am already a success, I am to enforce what God has said in His word. When I get stuck at thinking too much, I just say, "Father, let your mercy cover me".
I know that I have the nature of love in me so I just let that love flow. I may not have succeeded in not numbering my enemies too, instead I walk gently among them, but carefully because I still don't trust them. But I trust God. I trust that God is in charge of my life and that He is using my life for His glory. My prayer is that as I yield to Him, I continue in fellowship with Him and ignore all the distractions around me. He has given me His word about so many things that sometimes my actions are a display of my lack of trust in Him.

1 Tim 4:15 Meditate upon these things; give thyself wholly to them; that thy profiting may appear to all.
When i ask myself what the secret behind my success story is, I can only tell you that I gave myself to the word of God but then even that is not totally true. It is just the mercy of God but I can tell you that when it came to making decisions, i gave God priority. I put Him first. Sometime I hurt myself to do His will. But do you know what God has the nature of love, no be lie! All that He does and says is actually for you and for Him. He takes care of His business.

Someone said, you will always win so long as you keep standing. If you give in, it is because you did not understand that the devil is a defeated foe. He has no power, don't let other people's experiences or your own convince you otherwise.

God is merciful. 
If anyone contests this statement, all I have to say is: try going one day without the mercy of God and see what a wreck you would be. I used to be more self-righteous than anyone else, tis why I laugh at self-righteous people, because they will refuse the grace and mercy of God because they don't need Him.

No comments: