BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Friday 14 June 2013

Guest blogger not really

Today, I learnt something from Francis Frangipani
I knew I would blog today but I was going around and around in circles and I knew that I wasn't getting the tone I wanted that was till I stumbled across the article on Francis Frangipani, he got me with his talk on what ministry was, everything in me rejected it but I knew it was truth so I listened...

"God says success is becoming Christlike".
If so, how much more successful am I last year than this year?

"If you don't carry the cross, you will lose your love

I have lost my love-walk a couple of times and those times were like being in hell on earth, there is nothing like pretending to put you in a place like hell. Sincerity is a big deal if you want to live a victorious Christian life.

"In fact, I have discovered that only to the degree that we die to self do we lead others. Everything else is just religion without power".

Am I willing to die to self in many things? My flesh always says no. By that, I am not surprised. But my spirit is willing and since my spirit rules, I will be able to die to my flesh daily no matter what because the Holy Spirit is my leader, He is the one who leads me in predestined paths. I am willing to follow, I wonder what good will come out of this now.

In the mean time I strengthen the manifestation of the fruit of the spirit in my life, reading this scripture and doing it has done wonders for me.

2 Peter 1:5-7
And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;
And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;
And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

Diligence:
Dictionary definition: someone who is diligent works hard and is careful and thorough:
Bible definition: When you are diligent, you will bear rule and you will stand before kings.

Faith:
Dictionary definition: belief and trust in God:
Bible definition: the response of the human spirit to God's word

Virtue
Dictionary definition: a particular good quality in someone's character
Bible definition: it is released as power

Knowledge
Dictionary definition: the information, skills, and understanding that you have gained through learning or experience
Bible definition: the knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ, you can't get enough

Temperance
Dictionary definition: sensible control of the things you say and do, especially the amount of alcohol you drink
Bible definition: self control by the spirit of God, He is your helper

Patience
Dictionary definition: the ability to continue waiting or doing something for a long time without becoming angry or anxious
Bible definition: The ability to stay believing what God has said no matter how much time has elasped.

godliness:
Dictionary definition: obeying God and leading a good life
Living in alignment with God's word

Brotherly kindness
Dictionary definition: (it yielded no results)
Biblical definition: love towards one another especially those who have faith in Jesus.

Charity:
Dictionary definition: an organization that gives money, goods, or help to people who are poor, sick 
Bible definition: Love

These help to walk in the kingdom of God
Look at the word Kingdom - Kingdom.  
It refers to the King’s Domain, implying authority and lordship.  Jesus came to offer the benefits of His world to all who surrender to His rule.  The realm of God’s dominion, that realm of all sufficiency, is the realm called the kingdom.  The benefits of His rule were illustrated through His works of forgiveness, deliverance, and healing. 

If you get this, your life will be dynamite!
Do seek His kingdom!

No comments: