BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Friday 13 February 2015

Ever been to a court?


I have not.
I did pass by it though.

It shows a woman in gold
She holds a sword in one hand and a pair of scales in the other
The sword represents judgment and the pair of scales represent mercy
It should represent fairness but life isn't fair, will never be, but God is merciful
Mercy is better than fairness
With mercy He judges you by His righteousness (if you have Jesus)
and by His judgment you are qualified for every good thing in him

I am still an idealist about many things
Both are meant to be applied
Justice and judgment I mean

These last few weeks I have been focused on politics and doing that I have seen the true side of many people. Can't say that I am surprised. I refuse to be cynical though
I have been insulted (I can handle that), maligned, the latest one is bullying
I can't say that I wasn't warned. One of my pastors warned me, I was going to do what s/he said but I believe that I should speak  out. Nothing happens by chance. God is still in charge of all things even politics. My mom has been begging me to take it easy, she say she knows Nigeria better than what they are saying because of history (Dele Giwa was bombed, wasn't he?).

I will take it wasn't in about 6 weeks time, other than that, I promise to be careful in my movement, get home early, follow the leading of the Spirit and to trust God. 

I pray that God's will be done.

I will vote. I have had my PVC since November, I suffered to get it. Did my homework et al. 

Here's how Lagos looks, stickers, fliers, bill boards, boards everywhere. We cannot take a break until the elections are over. Our minds are being assailed by good things, bad things, all things politics. This is the way it always goes, has always been. I pray that God has some good surprises for us this year. Something unusual.





Have you registered for the business fair yet? Do so here

No comments: