BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Thursday 18 February 2016

Thursday videos: and the lessons attached




Listen to the video first.

Fears

When we are in the world, we learn fear as part of our growth processes, some textbooks even teach that fear helps protect us from danger. The bible doesn't teach us so but the world system does. 

You know me, I will tell you what the bible says then you can choose the world system or the kingdom system by your choices, it is a thing of choice. That power God gave us to exercise our will and do what we like even if it doesn't please Him.

Galatians 4:5-7 ...so that He might redeem those who were under the Law, that we might receive the adoption as sons. Because you are sons, God has sent forth the Spirit of His Son into our hearts, crying, "Abba! Father!" Therefore you are no longer a slave, but a son; and if a son, then an heir through God.

Galatians 8:14 -16 For all who are being led by the Spirit of God, these are sons of God. For you have not received a spirit of slavery leading to fear again, but you have received a spirit of adoption as sons by which we cry out, "Abba! Father!" The Spirit Himself testifies with our spirit that we are children of God.

If you have made Jesus your LORD, God has redeemed me/you from the law, you are not under the law, you have received adoption as sons, He has sent His Spirit into my heart and I can call Him Father so I am not a slave. I have been redeemed. I am a son and a heir through God. I am not a slave to the corrupting influences of this world. I am led by the Spirit of God. He leads me always. He guides my paths and my steps and He leads me along the way that He has prepared for me. I cannot fear, fear has been conquered. I have received the spirit of adoption as a son. The Spirit of God testifies with my spirit that I am a child of God. 

It is the Holy Ghost that makes you know that you are born again. It is not in the hand of any man. The religious Christian will say that 'by their fruits you shall know them' and it is truth. 

The bad part in it is that it is said to discourage you from feeling too spiritual. To take your heritage as a child of God, you need to know that you are born again. You need to be convinced because when all is said and done, you go home and leave your leaders and pastors at church. When you lie in your bed at night, you need to believe that you are a child of God. When the naysayers come at you, you need to know that you are a property of the Most High God. 

This song resonates with my spirit. It speaks to the depths of me. The song gets to my insides. It does something to my soul. It pierces through the noise of the earth and reaches my depths.

I believe every Christian should have the assurance of salvation. That is my truth for Thursday. Listen to this song and I hope that it blesses your soul.

No comments: