BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Wednesday 28 September 2016

Simple lessons that loads of people ignore... LONG POST

I believe God. I believe in the sovereignity of God. I didn't always believe that God would do me good. Having God's presence with me and being filled with the Holy Ghost was enough for me. It used to be enough. God thinks more. He thought more of me and came through for me.

So today I want to teach on believing God enough to minister.



I used to pray, Lord if you help me, I will preach. If you do this and that I will tell about your love, about salvation, about the Holy Ghost. Now at the crux of it, I hear so many voices dissuading, no, don't preach, are you ordained? are you appointed? what right do you have to preach that?

I want to listen but I can't.
The Holy Ghost won't let me.

In my deepest pits, all these voices were silent, it is easy to go along with the status quo. Most fish flow with the river. Only those who have a reason swim against the tide. The world and its systems flow in one direction. If you don't have a conviction, you cannot successfully swim against the tide. 10,000 voices would be screaming despair and only one voice screaming hope. I want to be that voice. I want to be found worthy by my God to carry His good news of the kingdom.

His word says that we are His workmanship created in Christ Jesus unto good works.
His word says that we beseech you as though it were Christ Jesus saying, be ye reconciled to Me...
His word says we are able ministers of the new covenant not of the letter but the Spirit for the letter kills but the Spirit gives life
His word says those who win souls will shine as the brightness of the stars
His word says go into the world and make disciples
His word says I will be with you even unto the end of time

That is at least 5 or 6 scriptures that talk about doing the work God has asked of you without having to be a pastor, prophet, apostle, teacher or any of those other things.

God loves you.
He showed this love by sending His son to be the sacrifice on the cross to redeem you, to buy you back, to restore you.
You need supernatural faith to believe this, that a man died and because that man, a sinless man died on your behalf, you don't have to walk under the curse.

My original topic was blessings and curses so let's go there. I have studied it for the last two years and I have come to the conclusion that Gal 3:13 is still more true than anything the enemy can raise. The bible says that we are to cast down imaginations and every high thing that exalts itself against the knowledge of Christ.

PRACTICAL KNOWLEDGE
What are blessings or curses?
A blessing or a curse is a word or words.

How did the blessing and curse originate?

Adam and Eve sinned. This released the curse on man and man was exiled from the garden of Eden.

Moses got the laws from God. Please read all of Deteronomy 28. It is a list of blessings and curses. The number of curses are more than the number of blessings.

The chidlren of Israel promised that they would obey God's laws and receive blessings. When they broke these laws, they would receive curses.

Of course it was impossible for them to keep all 600+ laws no matter how diligent they were. SO of course the curse was released on them. Read 1&2 Samuel and 1 & 2 Kings and see how the kings and prophets worked together to avert the curse any time sin got them trouble.

The covering for the curse, what silences the curse is the blood of Jesus.

Every believer is a new creation (2 Corinthians 5:17) and according to Revelation 5 is a priest and a king.

How do you function as a priest and a king?
A priest offers the blood of Jesus for cleansing and assures the people of their right to come into the presence of God. That right is the righteousness that Christ purchased (2 Corinthians 5:21 the beautiful exchange according to spiritual laws

As a priest, you need to know and have a relationship with your God. You need to speak to your Father often. As you speak and commune with Him, He will give you utterance so that you pray the right prayers and say the right words of dominion.

Gen 1:26 speaks of who God has made you. The picture he has of you is beautiful. He sees you whole, glorious, beautiful and walking in victory. You must learn how to see yourself as He sees you and not as the enemy sees you.

You have the power of creation because you are made in the image of God. If you can engage your mind by listening and watching the right stuff and asking the Holy Ghost to help you, He will help you. Every one has different stages of consecration.

More than being a pastor or holding any revered title, God wants you to know who you are. You are not weak, beggarly or sick in his sight, you must change the way you see you to the way He sees you. 

You must change your speech.

A good man out of the good treasure in his heart brings forth good things. An evil man out of the evil...

God does not see you as evil
So change what you feed your mind with
Read/listen to one chapter or two chapters of the bible everyday
It will change your mind but you must be consistent if you want to be transformed
Repent and be willing to do the word everyday of your life

As you do this, your words will change
You will speaks more blessing consciously than curses unconsciously
Blessings are words. Curses are words
Read the four gospels and the epistles and hear how the apostles spoke
They were full of grace all the time
They spoke blessings intenntionally

They were not controlled by their emotions but by the Holy Ghsot

Till next time when we have another chat about the glorious life in Christ
By His grace we will be rightly positioned always

Shalom, shalom!

NB: I am not a pastor or a minster or ordained or called or all those amazing sounding words. I do know that God has an assignment for me. If you believe what I teach here on this blog, it will change your life. If you don't, you will live an ordinary life, your choice. I pray that you believe though and that you are moved to read your bible, that you get an appetite for the word and for the Spirit of the Lord. That you know what it is to carry God's presence.

That you learn how to pray and fellowship with God. I pray God's desire for you. I pray that your will, will align with His,that you would learn to trust God more than you trust yourself and that you would grow and bear fruit that would outlive the fire. I pray that you will fulfill God's purpose for your life.

No comments: