BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Monday 25 May 2020

MONDAY WORD: Random thoughts about Christianity

Christianity is known as the great profession.
What are you professing?

A picture of Jesus.

I care more that He walked on water, changed water to wine, wrought mighty miracles than I care if he was white or black if this was really his picture or how some saw Him. I know that He came, He died on the cross for me and He rose again and that is enough for me.

In my eyes, Jesus is beautiful. I hope you see Him as beautiful and a part of your life too.


You know it gets to a point in your Christian life and you know the answer to most things even without seeking out the voice of God.
I am not saying, stop seeking the voice of God.

A wise believer always seeks the voice of God because God is the only one who has the 'now' word. Also as a believer who has worked with God for almost 20 years, I have learned that what is said through the mouth is not always what the heart is saying. You need the voice of the Holy Ghost to guide you so that you don't make mistakes.

In life, some people are blessings.
When they are not, they are lessons.

Embrace both.

Value those who bless you. The Lord reward them bountifully.
Those that teach you lessons, learn the lesson so that you don't repeat the mistake.

All in all, the Lord makes all things beautiful in His time.

This is one of the scriptures I used to refuse to receive. I listened and let it fall off my back like Teflon. Today I understand this scripture better. 

The Lord is the only one who has the power to make beautiful.

Something else I have learned is that people are a reflection of their heart. Their words and action flow from their heart and until their heart changes, their words and action cannot change.

I have also learned that if you want to grow spiritually, it is up to you to make the spiritual investment.

I remember when I learned how to handle labels. Labels are also a reflection of the people who try to put labels on you and not a reflection of you.

A whole person never places a label on another because their soul has been totally mended by the Lord. But someone who is not whole will place labels on others and imagine they are perfect because they have succeeded in labelling others to make themselves feel better about themselves or their predicament.

I used to do this.

When one is whole totally in the soul, they pray for others. When they don't pray for others, they are broken in their soul and need the saviour's touch.

When I look around the world today I see so many with fractured souls, I pray for as many as I can. Hopefully one day, they will look like a beautiful field that the Lord has planted.

I believe the most important thing in life is:

Renew your mind
Live the Christ-life
With the help of the Holy Spirit
Commit everyone else into the hand of the Lord.

When it comes to controlling behaviour, I have learned that you can't control anyone. You can submit yourself to the Lord and trust Him to do the best for you.

For those who have no peace in themselves. you can't give them peace. You can only pray that God will bring peace to them one day.

You are a vessel for the Father to flow through but you can't help people do their believing. You have to pray that the Lord meets them where they need Him most.

The world is a place full of troubled people who have no rest for their souls. Jesus has come to give rest but it can only be received. 

Jesus does not force peace or rest on anyone. He gives it. If they receive it, Glory to God. If they don't receive it, we keep praying that one day, they will be able to receive the gift of the Father and eternal life.

Religion
Hmmm.
Religion is my long time enemy.
It will run you ragged but will not give you Jesus or rest for your souls.

I pray that the people of the earth will learn to trust the Lord and have an intimate relationship with Jesus so they can worry less about tomorrow. God is taking care of it.

Back to where I started. What are you professing?

I hope that you are professing the word of God more than human fears and human opinions, thoughts, experiences no matter how scary.

The gift of God is eternal life. Savour it. Live it. Experience and enjoy it in the here now. Live the life Jesus has purchased for you and call yourself what He calls you. 

No matter what the world is saying.

The world is programmed for 'bad' news. That is natural life.

The Christian life is all about good news.
Live the life Jesus called you to live. Refuse to conform to the rest of the world.

Philemon says it this way:

Phil 1:6 NIV I pray that your partnership with us in the faith may be effective in deepening your understanding of every good thing we share for the sake of Christ.

Phil 1:6 NKJV that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgement of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Phil 1:6 KJV That the communication of thy faith may become effectual by the acknowledging of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus.

Interpretation:
Call yourself who you are in Christ at all times.
Your faith becomes effective when you acknowledge the good things in you in Christ Jesus.

If Jesus says there are good things in you in Christ Jesus. Agree with Him and ignore what the world is saying. 

This is the best way I say I love you today. 

I hope that you feel the love, and long for the supernatural life.

Those who talk like natural men will die like mere men.
Those who speak God's word will live the God-life

I challenge you to live from the spirit and allow yourself to be guided by the Holy Spirit in all your dealings in Jesus name.

Also, release yourself to love
This is the only way to live the Christian life honestly, authentically and supernaturally.

Stay away from guile and idols (both real and modern-day idols)

Shalom!


No comments: