BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Saturday 7 May 2022

The words left unsaid

The best writers write about the words left unsaid.

words left unsaid
Credit: Google Images


Many times, in daily relationships, people do not talk about the things that matter the most.


Some of the reasons why people act this way are:

  • They may not be in touch with their true selves
  • They may be caught up in running the rat race
  • They may be caught up in the game of living up to the Joneses.
  • Their value systems may be bankrupt

First off, everyone has the right to be whomever they want to be. You cannot control anyone's actions. You are only in control of your own actions.

When you have accepted this truth, you are ready for the next one.

All in all, people are going to do whatever feels right to them or whatever matches their value systems.

If you have a clash in values with anyone, keeping them in your inner cycle is going to be worthless to you.

One of my biggest value systems is compassion.

Words left unsaid
A book cover from the Webnovel platform



Having people in my inner circle who do not have a value system of compassion has in the past hurt me.

I took the responsibility for getting myself hurt because, in the past, I did not exercise the power of choice. I gave other people in my life the power to make choices for me.

In doing that, I put God in the back seat even though I always verbally affirmed the fact that God was #1 in my life.

In action, I had subcontracted the power of choice to people who did not rate me and I was suffering for it. 

Today, I commit to daily making the best choices for me and to forever be separated from the girl who would people-please others.

Words left unsaid
Words left Unsaid - A poem Credit: Google Images



Words should never be left unsaid for those who do matter. For those who don't matter and should not be in your inner circle, protect your rare pearls from them.

Be selective.
This is the way to live the most effective, impactful life ever. 




No comments: