BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Thursday 19 January 2023

To Deal With Nasty People

Hello,

Happy New Year.




Today's topic is not fun.

Before I share on how to do this like a Christian, let me share one tip on how content marketing will affect your business for good.

I shared this on Linkedin:

If a business owner is not utilizing a content marketing strategy, it can negatively affect their brand in several ways:


I love to focus on the positives so let me tell you how content marketing will change your business.

  • Build trust and credibility with your target audience: By providing valuable and relevant content that addresses their pain points and interests, you can establish yourself as a thought leader in your industry and build trust with your audience.

  • Increase brand awareness and engagement: Consistently producing and distributing valuable content can increase your brand's visibility and engagement with your target audience.
  • Drive website traffic and sales: Providing helpful and informative content can drive more traffic to your website and ultimately increase sales.
  • Improve search engine rankings: By regularly creating and optimizing content for search engines, you can improve your website's visibility and rankings, leading to more website traffic.

  • Attract and retain customers: By providing valuable and relevant content, you can attract new customers, and by continuing to provide value, you can retain them and turn them into repeat customers.
Read more here.

For more on dealing with nasty people...

I really hate this topic.

To become successful in life, you must learn that you do not have time to bark at every dog on the street.


via GIPHY


You must conserve your energy for your purpose. Do not give attention to anything that does not advance God's kingdom.

How do you handle nasty people?

There is a God way and a world way; which one do you want?

Okay, I am only going to focus on the God-way because I need as much encouragement as possible to be answering the God-way.

No one has time for the wrong stuff.

Let's use the bible to regulate our actions. I will share three scriptures that show us how to act when faced with nasty people.



Matthew 5:44: “But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you.”

Proverbs 15:1, NASB A gentle answer turns away wrath, But a harsh word stirs up anger.



Proverbs 12:16, NIV Fools show their annoyance at once, but the prudent overlook an insult.

Proverbs 20:3, NIV It is to one’s honor to avoid strife, but every fool is quick to quarrel.



Philippians 4:5, NASB
Let your gentle spirit be known to all men. The Lord is near.

Philippians 4:2-3, NIV
Be completely humble and gentle; be patient, bearing with one another in love. Make every effort to keep the unity of the Spirit through the bond of peace.



So I was going to share just three. But eventually, I shared five of them.

I need these reminders that I am not walking in the spirit unless I am doing this.

I will be doing this all year long by God's grace. I am choosing this so that I can focus on doing God's will instead of putting my attention on others.

  • I will love, bless, do good and pray for my enemies.
  • I will speak gently because I am a wise child of a wise God
  • I will obey proverbs and overlook insults to focus on what matters more.
  • I will practice honor and avoid strife and quarrels
  • I will be gentle, humble, and patient. I will bear with others in love. I will do my best to maintain peace with others.


God does not love me because I walk in love. He loves me irrespective.

Yet it is worthy of note that I am more valuable to Him when walking in the spirit and not all about myself.



So by the grace of Jesus Christ and the help of the Holy Spirit, I embark on this journey to walk in a greater degree of honoring the Holy Spirit. 

I will walk in the spirit with the help of the Holy Spirit. So help me, God.

What do you think? 



No comments: