BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Friday 18 December 2020

Ho ho ho Merry Christmas and How to Give this Christmas?

Merry Christmas in advance.

Even though Christmas is six days away, I am wishing you a Merry Christmas this year. 2020 has been a challenging year and God has been really good to us all. 

 

What is Christmas about and How to Give this Christmas?

As much as Christmas is about the birth of our savior Jesus Christ, it is a time to give.

There are almost 8 billion people on the planet and the only way 7 billion of them will hear about Jesus Christ is through the giving of the 'Christians'.

Who is a Christian?

A Christian is someone who is like Christ.

This year, I was a beneficiary of someone's X-mas giving. I am so grateful for the kindness of her heart. 

I wish I could give someone something this week but unfortunately the physical cash to do this is unavailable at the moment.

So when I stumbled on other ways to give this Christmas, I was delighted.

The most delightful part about other ways of giving was that when I respond to someone kindly instead of harshly that it is a way to give to the world around.

This is what I am practicing this month and the month of January. I will be giving in ways that do not have to do with money.

So what am I reading in the month of December - How to Give this Christmas?


Leaders are readers.

Also reading books is a great way to feed your mind with the word of God and obey Philippians 4:8

It is also a great way to overrule or overpower negative thoughts. 

It is a great book and I will be doing about three different reviews between now and January 2021.

I have family with very great taste on books and so I will be reading more Frank Peretti books.

Other books I enjoy reading are books by Francine Rivers and Ted Dekker.

Current read: 'Piercing the Darkness' by Frank Peretti.

I have learned a lot about prayer cover from this book. It is available in Nigeria at Laterna Ventures and at other bookshops in Nigeria.

I hope you do give out a lot during the Christmas season, even if you don't give out anything physical.

In my opinion, the best gift you can give a friend or family member is your prayers. Say a prayers for friends, family and the souls that you desire to be added to the kingdom this month.

Shalom!

I got my inspiration from this article on one of my favorite Christian websites: How to give without money this Christmas?

No comments: