BlogHer Twitter Influencer

Saturday 5 March 2022

Random thought - A burning heart picked up

Today I will be sharing about laying things down.

I learned to lay things down by saying, "I lay fear down, I cut its supply from my life in Jesus' name, amen."

God answers those kinds of prayers too.




So I was feeling pissed about something and trying not to feel pissed at the same time because I am thinking, what is the right response?

Then I came across this post and it is true.





 I prefer a burning heart to an intelligent mind. I am grateful that I have both. I am also grateful that I know when to shelve one for the other because, in 2022, I will always know what to do.

By the way, what is a burning heart?

Just off the top of my head, using Luke and the men on the road to Emmaus, I think a burning heart is one that hears the voice of Jesus and responds.

I always want to have a burning heart. So help me God.

So I am silently weaning my Facebook. This is hard for me because I believe that my life is a testimony and that there are those who will be blessed by it.

On the other hand, for those who won't be blessed by it, I honor them and myself by disconnecting.

I made connections at different places in my life and I am in a different place today. I think that I can let go of whatever no longer serves a purpose.

I was listening to some seasoned ministers of God who are also connected to seasoned ministers of God and I got counsel.

They said, "You can let go of connections if you no longer share the same beliefs. You can let go of the connections honorably and still honor them".

I am doing some of that today and in the following weeks. I will gently let go of those who are unable to honor me in my presence and in my absence without hurt feelings.

In this season, I am learning how to handle offenses in a godly manner since I  cannot avoid them.

I am always on the lookout for things that are prayer-answering blockers. I do not want anyone blocking my prayers and I do not want to block the prayers of anyone. 

Hopefully, I can do it with love in my heart.

I practiced the lesson I learned today and hopefully, I will continue to practice it tomorrow and have what is the most authentic Christian life to me at the moment.

I have been in a process for the last nine years and while I made a lot of discoveries and a lot of progress, I also picked a lot of bad habits.

I ask Holy Spirit to partner with me in the process of laying down bad habits and picking up good ones in Jesus' name, amen.

I think it's growth season again.


It is an article. A 3-minute read.



No comments: